Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Stinking thinking"

Thinking…
I have been told that I think too much. And yes it is very true. I think about what people say, how they treat me, how I respond, what I could have done different, what should I have done, how, what if, …..

We have all heard what you think about you bring about. Ughhh! 
So what do you do? How do you stop the “thinking”? 
Is your thinking about worry, regrets, past promises, unattained dreams, or condescending words, poor relationships, I wish I could, if only I had….? 

Or do you think about how great it is to have a job, the car you drive, the roof over your families head, the fresh clean clothes you pull out of the closet each day, happy and thankful that you had the money for those new tires, how great it was to go to the movies with a family member or friend, how great it was to go out for that once a month special meal, how nice it was to treat yourself to that special coffee.…? 

What do you “think about”? 

Is your thinking a process you use to re-evaluate an occurrence in your life? Do you use it as a tool to make better decisions, changes, or do you just mull things around and get angry? Does your “thinking” bring you resolve or ulcers? 

Sometimes it is better to really think about what we want to do then just jumping in and doing it. Then again sometimes waiting too long can also become a problem within itself; and when do you know that you have waited too long and how do you know when it is the right time to act? 
They say that timing is everything.

Stinking Thinking….so what we think about we bring about, worry; what? 

So I guess the moral of this story is to be careful what you think about, how long you think about it, what your thinking is doing for you and too you as well as those around you.

 Oh, one more question, is your thinking making you who you are today? 

Now that is something to think about. 

Please leave your comments; I look forward to reading what you think about.

Wishing you love, peace and joy

Carol Scheid
Becoming a butterfly


P. S. Here is an article I would like to share: Negative vs Positive Thinking  

A really Great Movie:  Pink Bat 


No comments: