Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life is a Puzzle - Part 2

In my first segment I talked about life being a puzzle and the way we look at things and how it all fits together. Today I want to expand just a little. 

Working on my puzzle I was having a time trying to get the pieces to work together. Just like any puzzle most start my putting the frame around the outside; which is where I started. Remember me saying that even thought the pieces seem right, are they actually?

Where here is my point. While completing my puzzle the bottom wasn’t right, the pieces did not line up, the colors were off and I had no extra pieces to fit in. So while it seemed right at the time after looking at it further and making an adjustment. I was able to align the pieces correctly and it all came together naturally.

Life is just like that, we think what we are doing is right. We go to work everyday, clean our houses, spend time with family on holidays, eat wonderful food, enjoy what we think are good times. But, there is that something that is missing. We can not see it, because everything seems to fit together, but we can feel it in our gut. Do you ever ask yourself is this all there is? Is his what I am meant to be or do? There has to be more to life then this...

This is where the looking inside of us comes into play. What is in your life that if you changed just a couple of things would make things better? Make a list of what you want and what you do not want. It is a great starting place. Now you have to be careful, because what may seem to be better at the moment may take you on a different path entirely. So as you go, you need to plan, review and adjust. Give it time, because you may run into a few bumpy roads along the way, but just maybe, maybe they are there for a reason. 

These are the challenges that create change.

As you are looking at your life, look at your fears, what really scares you? 

Are you afraid of commitment? Are you afraid of the challenges of change? Are you afraid of the unknown?  Letting go of that job, forgetting about that raise, moving to a new home, moving forwards in your life and living your spouse and family, moving to a strange and different location; what are your fears?

Make a list of your fears but remember that we all have them. It is part of the process of life, it is how we are able to control our thoughts, see what is going on and make changes.

In my past couple of years I have made many changes, most were challenges that I had to endure, embrace and be thankful for. I went through a divorce, lost everything, lived at my daughters, went through severe, severe depression, and today, I am living on my own by myself for the very first time and enjoying it. 
I remember my brother asking me why I was afraid of living on my own; because I have never done it before and I am 59 years of age. 

So while the road may seem like you are in the pit of hell, remember that there are better times ahead.

Embrace the challenges, for within the word challenge is the word change. 

Here is a video I would like to share, I hope you watch and enjoy it and share it with others~

The Butterfly Circus

Embrace it, live life, and always look within to make a change.

Becoming a butterfly,
Carol Scheid

No comments: