Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life is a Puzzle


Recently I have been working on puzzles. This particular puzzle has a direction key printed on the back. When I noticed this I thought that the puzzle is like life.

Are the pieces I am putting together really the right pieces, or do they just take on the shape and seem real?  Then I thought about this, even if the pieces seem real, are they headed in the right direction? 
And what about the missing or extra pieces, where do they fit into the puzzle? 

These questions really are deep and may take some time to process. I  am already asking other questions, which in turn posses more thought. Humm.

Are things really as I see them; or are there things I don’t see? 

Then I ask myself, is life just a perspective of what I see? If so, what changes do I need to make to change my perspective? 

In case you don’t know this about me, I am a gardener and I see the beauty in colors of flowers, grasses and the many varieties plus so much more. Actually I am so consumed by plants I can go off on a tangent, but I don’t want to do that here. 

What I want to share is that life is beautiful, if you change your perspective.

I am learning many things in my older age; because of the changes in my life I am able to sit, relax and just let my mind wander. 
Now there are pros and cons to that. I can sit and think about all the negative stuff in my life and the how’s and whys of it all; or I can change my perspective and think about which direction I want to go. 

When I finish my puzzle I am able to look at all the different directions the cuts of the puzzle take; kind of a like road map. I am able to see how all the pieces fit together and what the outcome of the puzzle represents. 

A wonder beautiful scene I have never experienced before.


Wishing you peace, love and a new perspective,
Carol Scheid

No comments: