Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions & Vision Boards

Vision Boards and resolutions, why do we use them and what is the correlation between the two?
 “New Year’s resolution” is a choice to make a change in some area of your life at the beginning of the new calendar year. It is seeking a goal to achieve, making a plan and putting it into place. The problem with resolutions is following through. Why, because we lose sight of our vision. So that is where a vision board comes into play. However, putting a picture or words in front of you may not be enough to reach achievement. 
This is something you might want to consider when writing down your goals. Write down what the purpose of the goal is. What is it that you want to achieve and why? That is the most important part of setting a goal, it is the why that is behind it. But before you just sit down and consciously write down a bunch of crap, search from within, what is really inside of you that makes you want to achieve a certain outcome. 

For example, the all time favorite is weight loss. First, look at the real cause of the weight gain. Then look at what the end results of reduction in weight will bring. First you will feel better, it is healthier in many aspects for your body; muscle mass, circulation, heart, blood pressure, diabetes, self image, now you get a new wardrobe, it is easier to get in and out of the car you get the idea. If you need help in this area, do a Google search for whatever your new resolution is. Maybe it will give you some ideas about the benefits you want to achieve.

So now you have your goal selected, but what is your why? This is the hard part; my weight gain has to do with my previous marriage and has nothing to do with food; the food was the tool I use to gain weight. 

Now notice I said release, I did not say “lose”; why, because when you lose something what is the natural reaction—to find it. I do not want to “re-find” this particular loss. So this is also a very good point I will make, be very careful of the word(s) you choose to use. 

Remember your subconscious remembers everything and uses it. It does not know the difference between real and imagination.

So what is your story and why do you want to achieve it? Take your time and put some real thought into it. What joy is it going to bring you and/or others?

So whatever it is you are seeking in life, remember one of the strongest gems in the world is a diamond and it lasts forever. Diamonds when cut have faucets to bring light into the gem. It is the cuts of the diamond that make it glisten. So let the light in and shine and glisten like a diamond. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you achieve greatness. Please post your comments below I would like to hear your resolutions; I appreciate you and value your time.

Becoming a butterfly,
Carol 




1 comment:

jere said...

I've learned when we vividly link our goals with how we feel when we have them, we are much more motivated to do the actions required...
Surprised you used the word subconscious after reading Dyer.
I m learning how much joy I get when I come from love in all I do and let my ego go. No worries, fear, doubts it is all good